What are the causes?
Three major types of arthritis generally affect the shoulder.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Posttraumatic Arthritis
Who can be affected?
It usually affects people over 50 years.
What are the symptoms?
- The most common symptom of arthritis of the shoulder is pain
- Limited motion
- Clicking or snapping sound (Crepitus)
- How is’t diagnostic?
- X-rays and Computed Tomography
- How can be treated?
- Rest or change activities
- Physical therapy
- Take no steroidal anti-inflammatory medications
- Ice the shoulder for 20 to 30 minutes two or three times a day
- Dietary supplements, such as glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate
- Arthritis can be treated by replacing the entire shoulder joint with a prosthesis (total shoulder arthroplasty).